Medical Exams (AME),
Independent Medical Exams (IME) and
Qualified Medical Exams (QME) by Appointment
L. Masserman, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S.
6815 Noble Avenue, Van Nuys, CA 91405
Richard Lee Masserman, MD is a native son of California. He
received his undergraduate B.A. and his M.A. from University of
California, Los Angeles (UCLA). He completed his medical education
at UC-Irvine, with his Internship completed at Los Angeles County
Hospital. He then completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency
at the Mayo Clinic.
Dr. Masserman, a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon entered
into practice in 1972 and since early in his career has been
involved with workers' compensation cases. Dr. Masserman has
provided treatment and evaluation to injured workers, as well
as being a medical evaluator for both the applicant and defense
as an Agreed Medical Examiner (AME), and also an Independent
Dr. Masserman has been recognized as an Agreed Medical Examiner
by the workers' comp community for over 25 years. This is an
accomplishemnt since both parties must agree, despite the adversity,
on which AME physician to use.
Richard L. Masserman, MD was an Associate Member of the California
Workers' Comp Defense Attorneys Association, as well as the California
Applicants Attorneys Association for many years.
presently restricts his practice to Agreed Medical Examinations,
Independent Medical Examinations and Qualified Medical Exams.
He is available
through the Southern California Orthopedic Institute Medical Group
Van Nuys office at 6815 Noble Avenue, Van Nuys, CA 91405, (818)
Richard Lee Masserman, M.D.
Date of birth: June 26, 1937
Physician and Surgeon License:
Orthopedic Surgery, September 1973
(1) University of California, Los Angeles, 1955-1959
(2) University of California, Los Angeles, 1959-1961
MA Degree, Jr. College Teaching Credential
(3) California College of Medicine, UCI 1961-1965
Los Angeles County General Hospital, Rotating, June 1965-1966
Mayo Clinic, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine Orthopedic Surgery,
U.S. Air Force, Rank: Captain, General Medical Officer, 1966-1968
(1) Diplomat, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
(2) Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
(3) Fellow, American College of Surgeons
(4) Fellow, International College of Surgeons
(5) Member, Western Orthopedic Association
(6) American Medical Association
(7) California Medical Association
(8) California Orthopedic Association
(9) Los Angeles County Medical Association
Congenital Pseudarthrosis of the tibia
R.L. Masserman, M.H. Peterson and A.J. Bianco, Jr.
Clinical Orthopedics, March/April 1974
Vol.99, p. 140